Vancouver – A scam targeting vulnerable seniors was exposed today by MLA Mable Elmore and MP Don Davies during a media availability in front of the Columbus Tower Seniors Residence in East Vancouver. The scheme involves someone convincing seniors to …
I’m honoured to represent Vancouver-Kensington as your MLA in the BC Legislature.
This website has been set up to keep you up to date on what I’m doing on behalf of this amazing community locally and in Victoria.
Here you’ll find news stories about the various issues I’m working on, links to community and government resources, and information on how our Community Office can help you.
Thank you to everyone for doing your part, whether that’s as a front-line health worker, an essential service worker, or just staying at home and following social distancing guidelines. It is making a difference.
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Visit the BC Government COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates on our government’s response, including provincial health officer orders, and provincial support for individuals and businesses.
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
My Community Office is currently providing service to constituents in Vancouver-Kensington via phone and email. We can help connect you with the services and support that you need during this challenging time. Please get in touch.
Phone: 604-775-1033Learn More
VICTORIA – Judy Darcy, Minister of Mental Health and Addictions, has released the following statement in recognition of the fourth anniversary of the declaration of the overdose crisis as a public health emergency in British Columbia: “Four years ago, the …
VANCOUVER – To ensure B.C.’s most vulnerable – including people on income or disability assistance and low-income seniors – do not encounter additional barriers during the COVID-19 crisis, the Province is implementing a series of temporary supports and supplements. “We …