VANCOUVER – To ensure B.C.’s most vulnerable – including people on income or disability assistance and low-income seniors – do not encounter additional barriers during the COVID-19 crisis, the Province is implementing a series of temporary supports and supplements. “We …
I’m honoured to represent Vancouver-Kensington as your MLA in the BC Legislature.
This website has been set up to keep you up to date on what I’m doing on behalf of this amazing community locally and in Victoria.
Here you’ll find news stories about the various issues I’m working on, links to community and government resources, and information on how our Community Office can help you.
Thank you to everyone for doing your part, whether that’s as a front-line health worker, an essential service worker, or just staying at home and following social distancing guidelines. It is making a difference.
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Visit the BC Government COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates on our government’s response, including provincial health officer orders, and provincial support for individuals and businesses.
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
My Community Office is currently providing service to constituents in Vancouver-Kensington via phone and email. We can help connect you with the services and support that you need during this challenging time. Please get in touch.
Phone: 604-775-1033Learn More
As part of British Columbia’s emergency novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response plan, the Province is providing the United Way of the Lower Mainland with $50 million to bolster seniors’ supports at community service agencies throughout British Columbia. This will help address …
To support people and prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Province is introducing a new temporary rental supplement, halting evictions and freezing rents, among other actions. The new rental supplement will help households by offering up to $500 a …